Step 1. Please print out and fill in the Form 33
It is very important that you download this form, print and complete! Please ensure that you bring it on the day! This is a requirement for all who are unlicensed to shoot at an approved range.
Step 2. Please create a USI (Unique Student Identifier)
Address: SSAA Brisbane, 292 Mt Petrie Road, Belmont.
About the Unique Student Identifier (USI)
Every year, an estimated three million Australians build and sharpen their skills by undertaking nationally recognised training. From 1 January 2015, all students doing nationally recognised training need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). This includes students doing Vocational Education Training (VET) in schools.
A USI is a reference number made up of numbers and letters. Creating a USI is free. It creates a secure online record of your nationally recognised training that you can access anytime and anywhere, and it’s yours for life.
PLEASE BRING A PRINTED COPY OF THE EMAIL YOU RECEIVE FROM ‘www.usi.gov.au’
The USI will:
- link a student’s VET achievements, regardless of where in Australia they did the course.
- let students easily access secure digital transcripts of their achievements (transcripts will be available from January 2016)
- give students more control over their VET information.
Please make sure you arrive at the time indicated in your confirmation email. The finish time is an estimate and may be a little later depending on class numbers.
Please make payments for courses via Bank Deposit, Paypal or Cash on the day.
H $125 (Handguns)
M $220 (Crossbows)
BSB: 304-190 (BANKWEST)
Please reference your NAME and Course Category with your payment (eg. E.Smith ABH)
List of essentials to bring on the day:
- Printed copy of your USI (Unique Student Identifier).
- Photo I.D
- Form 33’s
- Enclosed footwear, casual, comfortable clothing.
- Payment confirmation.
- Pen and paper to take notes
- If you have your own safety glasses and hearing protection please bring them with you.
Pre course reading material:
Please take the time to read the National Firearms Safety Code that you can access be opening the following link.
There is no need to print the National Firearms Safety Code, you may read it from the link.
When will I get my certificate?
- Please allow up to 3 weeks for your Statement of Attainment to be emailed to you.
- Note, we do endeavor to get your Statement of Attainment to you as soon as we can.
- Statements of attainment will be issued by RTO Intraining Systems National Provider 2929
Food and Drink
- Lunch can be purchased at the range.
- Drinks can be purchased at the front counter.
Once you have completed the above requirements, you are now ready to attend the firearm safety course, I also recommend bringing a note pad and pen to take notes, should you have any questions regarding the above or a firearm safety course enquiry, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.
I look forward to seeing you on one of my firearm safety courses.
QLD Firearms Training