QLD Firearms Training offers firearm safety courses across the Greater Brisbane and surrounding areas in the following categories A, B, H, C, D, M (Crossbows) Rifles, Shotguns, Handguns, Semi-automatic rifles, Pump actions, Lever actions and Crossbows.
STEPS TO ENROL:
The calendar to the right has the dates for all upcoming firearm safety courses, once you find a date that suits you, click on the highlighted date and enrol at the bottom of the page, once you have enrolled you will be sent an email confirming your enrolment with a list of things needed before and on the day of the firearm safety course (please check your junk or spam folder also for this email before contacting QLD Firearms Training).
To apply for a QLD Weapons Licence you are required to successfully complete a firearm safety course in the category or categories you wish to apply for. Once the student has successfully completed the firearms safety course, a nationally recognised statement of attainment will be issued to the student which will reflect the units of competence completed on the firearms safety course (Certificates are valid for a period of 12 months from date of issue).
On all of our firearms safety courses you will receive expert training from our industry professionals with decades of experience to give you the personalised attention you deserve including the safe handling of Rifles, Shotguns, Handguns, Lever actions and more.
Throughout the duration of the firearm safety course, students will receive first class education in the basic fundamentals of firearm safe handling, firearm terminology, safety whilst in possession of a firearm, complying with storage requirements, procedures for transporting firearms in vehicles, what it means to be a “Fit and Proper Person” educating students in legal and ethical requirements, firearms in the community, the required skills and knowledge to stay compliant, basic firearms maintenance, who Weapons Licensing QLD are and what role they play in you becoming licensed, applying for your own firearms licence and more.
Then, at the end of the firearm safety course 11029NAT – Course in Firearms and Weapons Safety (Approved for firearms licensing in Queensland) there will be a competency based assessment, made up of multiple choice and true or false questions that the student needs to successfully complete. Those assessments will reflect the content covered throughout the firearm safety course in alignment with the course outline provided to us from the Queensland Police Service and Weapons Licensing Queensland.
Throughout the firearm safety course students will experience an engaging and interactive classroom environment filled with thought provoking topics, classroom based firearm handling skills, learning functionality of the firearms and real life events that will make for a memorable and enjoyable day of firearms safety training.
QLD Firearms Training conducts their firearm safety courses at Belmont QLD.
8 hour face to face classroom delivery from experts in their field which include theory, practical handling and live fire components on an approved range, class sizes may vary.
A B H $200
M $250 (Crossbows)
One on one firearm safety courses also available, contact admin for prices and availability.
WEAPONS LICENCE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
To apply for a weapons licence in Queensland you must:
- Meet the personal eligibility requirements.
- Have a genuine reason to hold a licence.
- Have access to secure weapon storage.
- Complete an approved weapons safety course covering the category of weapon you’re applying for and provide your statement of attainment. The course must have been completed within the 12 months before the date of submitting your application.
- Provide the supporting documentation requested during the application process.**
- The name, date of birth and address that you provide with your application must match the documents you provide to prove your identity. For example, if there are any spelling mistakes in your name or if you have a middle name that you don’t provide with your application but is on your proof of identity documents, you may not be able to complete your proof of identity.
- Pay the required fees.
- Once you have submitted, you will receive an email requesting you attend a participating Australia Post outlet to provide your proof of identity. You will also have your passport quality photograph taken (free of charge) at your local participating Australia Post outlet.
*Information obtained from Weapons Licencing QLD*
Enrol today with QLD Firearms Training and book your Firearm Safety Course, we pride ourselves on customer service, giving you the attention that every student deserves!
I look forward to meeting you on one of our firearm safety courses!